Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New York









Better late than never, right? One of my very best friends invited me to New York with her husband and her and it was so much fun. No kids, shopping, eating and relaxing - PERFECT trip!!! Here is my trip report.
-Monday-
Our flight left at 5:00 pm and I was really freaked out because I get motion sickness and this wasn't an hour or two flight. I was so surprised at how smooth it was and how fast it really went. I was able to play games and watch TV. The only bad thing was I had to keep getting up to use the bathroom and stretch my legs. We got to The Waldorf at 11:30 and we were all really hungry so we ordered room service and shortly went to bed.
-Tuesday-
Tina and I woke up and walked to a little cafe and had bagels and juice. We then walked over to Rockefeller Center to take their tour and go to the top. I was totally amazed at the size of all the buildings. People are everywhere walking and the only thing you see in the streets are yellow cabs and black limos. I was not in Utah, that was for sure. When we were at the top we got some amazing pictures of New York. The temperature was almost 90 so I was feeling uncomfortable after we were done there. We went shopping at H&M (coolest store!) and found some fun things. After shopping I was exhausted and so I went back to the room and slept while Tina went out and did more shopping. We got ready for WICKED and walked to Broadway to see the show. We stopped at this really cool 50's diner for dinner. The waiters and waitresses want to be on Broadway so they sing to you the whole time you are eating. It was really loud, but as soon as they started singing songs we liked we loved it, and sang along. We then went to the show and we were blown away by the details and singing. It was so much fun!!! We then met Jared at Juniors, a cheesecake place, and ate cheesecake. I hauled my first cab and we went back and fell right to sleep.
-Wednesday-
We got up and got ready for our breakfast reservations at Le Parker Meridian. We made the long walk (have I mentioned we walked a lot). Breakfast was so good. We each got the waffle that is covered in fruit and then creme brulee on top. Food in New York is not cheap!!! On average we would spend $20 on each meal. Believe me we weren't going to super nice places either. We then went shopping to the Disney Store, Gap, and FAO Schwartz. I loved that toy store, we spent so much time there. It was actually fun being there without kids to chase around. I got to get my picture on the piano featured in the movie BIG. We walked to Central Park and sat there for a while and then stopped in Trump Tower for ice cream. We went back to the room and ended up falling asleep for over 2 hours. It was a colder day so we weren't eager to leave the hotel. Jared got back and we went to eat at this really good place Houston's. I got a big hamburger and was in heaven. We went back to the room and watched TV and went to bed.
-Thursday-
We really slept in and took our time leaving the room. We checked out at noon and then went out shopping. We went back to H&M and hit some other stores. We decided for lunch to go back to Trump Tower for their lunch special. Jared ended up being done with work early and met us there. We didn't want to shop anymore and didn't have time to do much else so we went back to the Waldorf and got our bags and took a cab to the airport. We waited at the airport for quite sometime. Jared was SO nice and gave me his first class ticket. This was new for me and I loved it. The flight home was so long and I was so excited when I saw we were in Utah. I got home around midnight and went right to sleep.
This was such a fun trip!!! I couldn't believe how nice our hotel was. Thanks again to Jared and Tina for this once in a lifetime experience!!! Also a big thank you to Darren for staying home and watching the girls. You are the BEST!

4 comments:

susan hall said...

how fun amber im so glad that you got to do that...was a fun trip..you look so cute in all the pictures also...talk to ya soon

Allie and Fam said...

What a fun time for you! I'm not at all jealous either!

a-jodi-hall-a-day said...

How was WICKED! did you love it? glad you had fun.

Georgia said...

What a great opportunity - you had so much fun and saw so many of the sights....I'm happy you had a "Wicked" experience!