Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I just want to comment on the amazing opportunity I have to be a mother and to pay tribute to the female figures in my life.
I had always heard you will experience no greater love until you have children. I never fully understood to what degree this would be for me. From the moment I have felt my children kicking in my stomach to the sight of them playing dolls together, I am beyond words and expression on how much I really do love them. They have filled my life with such meaning and fullness. Watching each of them grow and develop into their own personality gives me such joy. I ask myself all the time what I did to deserve them. I won't lie, being a mom is hard work, but it is without a doubt the most fulfilling job out there!!! As I sit here typing I can feel the little life inside me moving, and I can't help but smile. I just hope I can be a good mom to all my children and make a difference in their life as my mom did in mine.
Speaking of my mom, how do I even begin expressing my love and appreciation to her? She is unlike any other mom I know. Everybody she meets just loves and adores her. She has a sense of humor, personality, honesty and integrity that people are drawn to. I can't tell her enough how lucky I am to have her as my mom. She has always been more than a mom to my sisters and I, she has been a friend. She is also such a strong example in my life, and I want her to know that. She is a wonderful, loving grandma to her grandkids. I love you so much mom!! Happy Mother's Day.
I would also like to express a very Happy Mother's Day to my mother-in-law. Georgia is such a kind and caring person. I can't believe how much she truly loves her kids and grandkids. It amazes me to see her plan parties and events, she really does enjoy being with her family. I want to thank her for raising such a wonderful son. Darren is perfect and I owe it all to her!! Thank you!!! I love you!
Last but not least I want to express my love for my sisters. Allie and Amanda are not only great sisters, they are amazing moms. I watch them look at their little boys and see the love and admiration they feel and it truly amazes me. I love that they can experience an unconditional love as I have. How can these girls be the same ones I played house with growing up? They have always been best friends of mine and I feel so lucky to be close by to see their adorable kids and have them around for advice. They are great examples to me. I love you guys!!
I want to also say how much I love my youngest sister Becky! She is not a mom, but she is a strong female example in my life. If I had to describe the perfect teenager it would be her. She is so goal oriented it gives me inspiration to be a better person. I can't believe she will soon be heading to college. Words cannot say how much I will miss her!!! More importantly my kids will miss her. I know she will do such great things and become an even stronger person than she is. I love you Becky!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!!!

5 comments:

kitty kay said...

How sweet and kind are those tributes! You are such a thoughtful person and those words were very touching. Happy Mother's Day - I'm proud to have you as my daughter!!
Lovins,
-Mom-

Allie and Fam said...

Thank you for such a nice post! Have a great Mother's Day!

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

This was so sweet!! Thanks. You are a great mother too. Happy Mother's Day!

Georgia said...

Thank you so much for those kinds words, not only about me, but about everyone. Your girls are wonderful, and I'm sure Little Boy Hall will be also, and that is because they have such a caring mom. We love you! Happy Mother's Day to you too!

becky said...

thanks so much! this was a really cute post. happy mother's day!