Sunday, March 22, 2009

IT'S A BOY!!!


Last Wednesday we had the big ultrasound. Darren and I were pretty convinced we would have another girl. After all we figured we only make girls. Well to our surprise we were told without a doubt this baby is a BOY! I was so excited and shocked. Darren was all smiles for the rest of the day. He would never admit it, but he really wanted a boy. We really feel this is a great conclusion to our family. Madison and Marli are so excited. Madison has said from day one that this was a boy, and so when we were told (and shown) it is a boy all she had to say was "I know".
I am really excited for the fact I can go out and buy new baby clothes and not just recycle what we already have. I get to redecorate the nursery and do the boy thing. I do have to say I am a little nervous to raise a boy. I have only known girls my whole life, so this is new territory. Luckily I have two sisters who have boys (well if Amanda would ever have hers). So I will have a few months of practice with them.
Overall we are elated, and can't wait for this new adventure in our family.

5 comments:

lorelie said...

We are elated right there with you!! It really is great news. Can't wait to see the little guy! The girls keep saying, "I wonder what he'll look like! We'll he be blonde like Maddie or have darker hair like Marli?" They are very excited too! HOORAY!

REYNOLDS FAMILY said...

CONGRATS!! There is nothing like little girls and aren't you so glad you have them?! BUT there is something about little boys and all the fun and dirt that comes with them:) I hope if we ever get to 3 it will be a boy! congrats.

Allie and Fam said...

Yeah!

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

Yay i am so excited for another boy! They will all be such great cousin friends.

HeatherH said...

I just found your blog - congrats on your pregnancy! I didn't even know. . . I'm so excited you're having a boy - they are so much fun!