Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sad Day

This afternoon my dear Grandma Christensen passed away. She was taken by ambulance yesterday after being found in her condo. She had suffered a massive stroke and after cat scans last night it was determined there wasn't much the dr.'s could do. My dad flew out to Washington late last night and was up with her all night. She had slipped into a coma and he wasn't able to talk to her. He was able to be with her so that was so reassuring for me. This afternoon she died peacefully. I feel so helpless right now. I am having a baby any day now and so there isn't much I can do. The funeral will be here in Utah so she can be buried with my Grandpa. I am hoping I can atleast make it to that.
My Grandma was an amazing person and had accomplished much in her lifetime. I know she is in a happier place now and so that puts me at ease. She will be greatly missed.

3 comments:

Georgia said...

We are so sorry about your Grandma's passing. We hope you can make it to the funeral. Please pass along our condolences to your dad also.

Allie and Fam said...

Thanks for the post... a lot of memories for sure.

susan hall said...

oh amber im so sorry to hear about that..let me know what i can do for you..